- Yaoi Con - very soon. I'll be flying out to California October 5 (Thursday) and will be at the con all weekend. The amazing Catherine Dair joins me for the weekend and J.Scott Coatsworth will drive up for Sunday. :D
- Safety Protocols For Human Holidays - is DONE. With the trusty beta right now. :) We'll see if any major ripping and shredding needs to be done after that. (I'm going to make deadline *sobs in relief*)
- Jackalopes & Woofen-Poofs is coming up on its general release - October 3! Almost there! Though you can get the ebook at Pride if you can't wait. ;)
- Back to work on Offbeat Crimes 6 for the rest of the week (and every week hereafter until it's complete.)
- There's a super sekrit project in the works. But I can't tell you about it now. That's why it's sekrit.
Okay. Let me see if I can remember all the things for this week. Always seem to forget something.
I will agonize and dither over a title for a story for days - weeks! - and then complain about it to Freddy. Suddenly, the title's right there. Because sometimes brain needs a kickstart or perhaps just a kick.
The holiday story, for inclusion in Mischief Corner Books A Holiday To Remember collection this year, will be titled "Safety Protocols for Human Holidays." This is not one of my more serious stories. I felt I needed to tell you that. (Ha!)
Release date is scheduled for December 9. :D
Also - quick reminder that I'll be at Yaoi Con this year (Oct. 6-8 in Santa Clara, CA) at the Mischief Corner Books table. Freddy MacKay will be there and Catherine Dair as our special guest. J. Scott Coatsworth will be joining us on Sunday. Come see us in the dealers room - come for a chat, a hug, some books and some bunnies!
Well, hey! It's Thursday again! Somebody tell the weeks to slow down, please.
Next week at this time I'm going to be packing up the car and heading for Rhode Island and Massachusetts!
- First stop will be Annie's Book Stop where I'll be for an appearance starting at 7pm on Thursday, March 2. Hopefully I won't be too punchy from the drive. This should be interesting. ;) I'll be reading and chatting and signing if you so desire.
-Next stop - Bishounen Con! Where we'll get to hang out with the lovely Jordan Hawk and hubby, the talented Jill Marie Hackett and all of our friends from the Yaoi North tribe! Bishounen is from 3/3-3/5 and you can find me and Freddy in the Dealers Room most of the time, though we will have panels and readings.
OK. So that's the upcoming trip that I'm all excited about and losing sleep over. Cause that's what I do.
The other thing I wanted to mention this week is the WIP's. Those of you who've known me long enough have heard plenty of times that I'm only comfortable working on one thing. I may have other works started that I've set aside, but active works in progress? I want to be working on One Thing At A Time. (Possibly two if I'm co-authoring, since that's a different process.)
I'm currently working on four (FOUR!!!) active (ACTIVE!!!) WIP's. And trying not to hyperventilate with competing and overlapping deadlines coming up. There's the ongoing Marionettes in the Mist project that we're getting close to wrapping up. There's the next book in the Offbeat Crimes series, Feral Dust Bunnies, that's due scarily soon. There's the next Brandywine book, Pack Up the Moon, that Isn't on deadline but is still active. And finally there's a secret thing I'm working on that I need to hand in the first couple of chapters this week to see if the publisher wants me to go forward.
*pant* *wheeze* *gasp* I'm okay...I'm okay.
2017. Most years I have trouble remembering that the year has changed. Oddly, I have no such difficulties this year. Yeah... Odd...
Uncommonly Tidy Potergeists releases next Wednesday! Thank you everyone who has pre-ordered. Remember if you pre-ordered from All Romance and have trouble getting a refund to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. They'll get you taken care of so you still get the book you paid for. This is my first all-new story to come out since April of 2016. Yes. Last year just went all to heck and back with re-releases, didn't it? I declare 2017:
The Year of the New Story!
Yes, there are a couple of re-releases to take care of still, but the vast majority have been rewritten, re-edited, launched and out. Whew. Starting the year off right with Poltergiests, which is not only new but has an ace protagonist. From there I have on the docket:
Angel writes (mostly) Science Fiction and Fantasy centered around gay heroes. Currently living part time in the hectic sprawl of northern Delaware and full time inside her head, she has one husband, one son, two cats, a love of all things beautiful and a terrible addiction to the consumption of both knowledge and chocolate.